Friday, March 6, 2015

Surprise!

OK, it's been quiet on the blog front for awhile. I didn't want to post until I was absolutely sure. So, here are a couple pictures to give you a hint as to what I am going to say.



What do you think? Pretty fancy suit. Also, I was pretty impressed at how much the flavour selection has changed for gels in the last *cough cough* 10 years. Yeah, it's been a while since I have done anything that warranted a gel.

Oh, yeah I was going to mention - I am racing the UBC sprint triathlon tomorrow. Yup, tomorrow. I feel slightly nauseous typing that out but it's true. I don't know if I put this out there before but the plan was to participate in UBC in order to experience transition (and actually ride my bike on the road) before the big race.

What, you ask, does it mean that I am going ahead with the race? Well, I have the OK from my family doctor to attempt the race in Waikoloa. So it looks like I am racing!

I have been on minimal training since being sick so we will see how tomorrow goes. My biggest concern is the swim. I was informed last night that there is a 28 minute time limit for the 750 m swim and that has me concerned. Oh well, even if I get yanked out of the pool I will still be allowed to finish, I just won't get a result (sounds terrible). I will be wearing a watch so hopefully I can make the time.

That's all for now, I will update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment