Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Perspective

OK. So it is really starting to look like I am not racing. This sucks. It's true. I have trained for months. Bought a bike. Took swimming lessons. Bought hundreds of dollars worth of swim suits, goggles, running and cycling apparel. Now it seems this is all for nothing. Or is it?

I have to think about what inspired me to sign up with Team in Training. It was not the thought of doing a triathlon (that thought still terrifies me). It was not that I will be going to Hawaii (yup, still going either way). It was not that I thought I would get in shape and look fabulous (perhaps a side benefit).

What then is my inspiration? People. To be blunt, people who are sick with cancer and fighting for their lives. People who have lost loved ones to cancer. How can I sit here and complain about a sinus infection that I will recover from when I have friends and neighbours fighting for their lives?

I can't. I choose to look at the positive of my own situation while continuing to pray for those who inspired me to raise money and train in the first place. With your help I have raised over $5100 for research and support. That is something I can be proud of.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me financially and with your comments, questions, and prayers. This continues to be a learning experience for me and I look forward to what I will learn over the next 6 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment