Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Event

So, part of why I am doing this triathlon is to raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.  I have signed up with Team in Training and committed to them that I would raise $5000!!

That is a lot of money.  In order to help with that I am holding a Pub Night event on Thursday, November 20.  It is at the Dublin Crossing Pub and tickets are $20.  A ticket includes a burger, fries, and drink (beer/wine/pop).  There will be live music, silent auction, raffle prizes and a toonie toss.

I have been busy scurrying around trying to secure prizes.  If you look on the side of my blog you will see a list of sponsors. Each of these individuals or businesses have donated a prize for the event.  In addition I will be auctioning off a custom cake by me.

I am excited about the event but also a lot nervous.  I have 80 tickets to sell!  Yikes!  If you are reading this and you live in the area and would like to attend please let me know.  I appreciate all of the support I have gotten so far.  It has been interesting challenging myself in so many ways.  Right now the challenge is asking people for prizes, money, and ticket sales.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: